20 July 2009

Market I Frequent a Target of Attempted Robbery

Devon Market, 1440 W. Devon, a supermarket where I purchase a large portion of my groceries, was a target of a robbery attempt this past weekend. The incident occurred at 11:00 p.m. Sunday. A store clerk sustained injuries after he was beaten with a tire iron by two offenders.

As I stated earlier, I am a regular customer of this always - busy grocer which I consider an oasis for cost - concious consumers who shun the over - priced items at large grocery chains. I am confident that the owner(s) will not leave the neighborhood because of this incident; but it is unsavory characters like these who make the area an unfavorable location for new businesses. A poor economy is not a valid excuse for criminal behavior.

Jackie

No comments: