09 June 2011

Edgewater Eateries/The Best and Worst

Edgewater Eateries: The Best and the Worst






The Best:


Patio Beef
6022 N. Broadway

Always consistent, always friendly. Leo and his wife serve their fare with a smile. This Greek couple always make a visit to Patio Beef a pleasant experience. A true gem in the neighbourhood! And the BEST darned burgers on the planet!



Indie Cafe
5951 N. Broadway

Beautiful presentation! The food that arrives at my table in this pan - Asian restaurant is always fresh and, aesthetically, is as pleasing to the eye as to the palette. The tempura appetizer is almost too pretty to eat, and very delicious. They also serve exceptional sashimi here.

The Worst:


Alexander's


6158 N. Clark St.


The service is so poor at Alexander's, that it makes McDonald's look like an exclusive, 5 - star restaurant listing in a Michelin guidebook. Definitely, stay away from this loser!



Little Corner Restaurant


5937 N. Broadway


One waitress (whose name I learned was, Mena) was dressed like a 'lady of the evening' , and another forgot that I had requested butter on my toast (it arrived without it) and then she kept forgetting to bring me a steak knife (actually, I needed a table saw to cut into the tough New York strip steak). There is nothing good I can say about the Little Corner Restaurant, except, I will NEVER eat there again.


Jackie








1 comment:

Scott said...

My experience of Alexander's is completely the opposite: warm, friendly service, and fast. The way a good diner should be (and the way Deluxe Diner would be without the gimmicks and with a budget for a bigger staff). I guess there'll be more room for me at Alexander's if people believe this ranking.