23 May 2013

Golfer Ken Venturi's Passing

I don't follow golf, at all; in fact, I find the sport too slow.  Personally, I prefer fast - paced games such as basketball and ice hockey.  But a good friend of my family's who happened to be a pro - golfer, and a well - respected golf analyst for CBS Sports, passed away recently.

Ken Venturi and my father formed a friendship. More than once, I recall, as a kid, waking up in the morning to find Mr. Venturi asleep on our family's couch.  Also, I remember the weekend my mother and I spent at Ken and his wife, Beau's, home in Marco Island, Florida. In fact, the couple went out of town and allowed us to have the place all to ourselves!   I 'caught dinner'  for Mom and me, as the ocean was right behind the house.  

Ken Venturi will be greatly missed.

Jackie





No comments: