23 February 2011

Mazel Tov, Rahm Emanuel!

I don't know whether to congratulate Rahm Emanuel for winning Chicago's mayoral race, or send him a sympathy card. Because, he has a difficult road ahead of him; one that makes me glad I'm not in his shoes.

Emanuel will inherit an unresolved squabble between his soon - to - be predecessor and United and American Airlines; a parking meter disaster; a budget that's still in the toilet; a local economy still stinging from a nationwide recession. And the list goes on and on! A job like that would give me bleeding ulcers, for sure.

My hats off to Rahm for wanting so desperately to be mayor of Chicago, that he left his post as
President Obama's Chief - of - Staff. Mazel tov, Rahm! Which, in Hebrew, means both 'congratulations' and 'good luck'. (He'll need a lifetime supply of the latter.)

Jackie

No comments: