22 May 2009

CVS Pharmacy

The drug chain, CVS, was in the news yesterday. Apparently, they are being accused of selling expired products.

I have a friend who was as sick as a dog after eating eggs that she bought at the CVS at Broadway and Foster. I myself have had a couple of bad experiences at their Broadway and Granville location. As a result, I have resumed doing business with Walgreens which is located just down the street from CVS. So far, I have had no problems with Walgreens. But, I avoid CVS.

I have been to two CVS drugstores: Broadway and Wellington; and the one on Granville. Personally, I found the stores depressing and the employees unfriendly. And there is NOTHING on the shelves that I would really want to buy. Even their Sunday paper inserts aren't enough to lure me into their stores. Walgreens is more welcoming and offers a wider variety of products.

CVS is making the same mistake made by Starbucks: Saturating the market with too many locations. Customer service is virtually non - existent at CVS. At both of the locations I visited, the workers were very rude! I got the impression that they would rather be somewhere else.

Jackie

No comments: